Vokera Linea 28 - error 03?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there. I must say this forum is great! Found out loads of interesting stuff just scrolling down it to see if anyone had the same problem as me (thought I'd check 1st rather than waste everyones time).

Anyway, of late my boiler has been switching/locking out for a second or 2 and showing error code 3 (problem with fan or flue). Now I have followed what it said on th e card doing the "reset" option for 10 secs and such. This sometimes fixes it, and sometimes doesnt. However it seems to be OK again after a while anyway - it's very much an intermittent fault anyway.

Is there something I should be checking (I've checked the vent outside but cant see anything blocked and such) that can be done by me?

As another slight fault I have a bit of a clunk from the pipes when turning off the hot water tap quickly (and the cold, but less so). I have read the stuff on here and its made it a bit clearer - I have drained the system and refilled it and bled all the radiators (got lots of air out of a couple!) and it is better than it was but I'd like to get rid of it for good. It seems to be under the bath area which makes me think it could be the pipes leading to the electric shower we have...

Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance. Pete.

Sponsored Links
Bit of further info due to a thread I had found.

Have now had the front off and the fan is working ok, the flames though seems to "flicker" a little bit when its heating up the CH or HW....

Not sure what else to do?

Hi Pete

Had a similar problem with code 03 fault, indication was the fan motor was not up to producing the necessary flow rate or that the air proving switch was faulty. Fault was finally found to be deposits in the venturi tube,which is the connection on the flue that connects the flex tube to the air pressure switch. Worth checking.

Ahh thanks alot, I'll have a look at that and will see. Cheers, its appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Actually one extra thing, I have noticed that when this fault occurs during the CH the pressure increases from about 1.2 to around 2.1 bar.... When I turn it off it steadily comes down again?

When you are on CH. the system water will expand and show this on the pressure gauge. Depending on the temperature setting the amount of expansion will vary, around 2 bar is acceptable. As the water cools the pressure in the system will drop. Can not identify a connection with this and the 03 fault.

Right I had all the stuff out and checked the venturi tubes but couldnt see any blockage.

Here's a thing, when the silicon tube from the black venturi tube (negative) is disconnected from the air pressure switch... it runs ok. When it is connected, it wont even light up!

I'm thinking that the APS must need replacing given this.. Any thoughts?

So someone has disconnected a safety device just to make the boiler work - badly by the sound of it (flames).

Now there are several things which need checking - best you get a corgi I think.

Well quite but I didnt leave it disconnected permanently, I'm not that stupid. The boiler isnt working at all now. It was just to check what happened & see if I could diagnose the fault with the help of people on here, and the installation book I have.

The annoying thing is I dont know how to get into the neg venturi tube (the L shaped one) without dismantling the whole bloody top of the boiler. If there are deposits in it I dont know how to get to them.

So I took a stab and replaced the APS - but it still does the same thing. Worth a punt as I got it at cost for £20...

Completely ****ed off now as I also seem to be unable to get a bloody Corgi engineer to come out at all. You guys must make a fortune if you can afford to just ignore peoples messages and in fact not bother turning up or is it just in Leeds?

Thanks anway.

Class act.

Okies i assume u cleaned out the venturi when u changed the aps? (the wee hole thingys that the aps hoses attach to at the flue end)

Even a slight blockage can cause the 03 fault. I find poking a small allan key or file through them does the trick to get any gunk removed.

Are u still getting an 03 fault now ? U say uve changed the aps and its still faulty - is it fitted correctly ?

No offence but it really is a key safety device and is better left to a corgi to diagnose/repair/replace/whatever.

Good luck anyways. Let us know how you get on.

I dont think that its a good idea to give people detailed advice on doing a job that should be handled by a CORGI registered engineer.

Whilst blowing down a tube towards the fan might possibily clear a small blockage I would not want to give any more involved advice apart from calling a qualified person who will remove the fan and clean the impeller and venturi.

Tony

one day, you are going to come to terms with the fact that most people are not terminally thick

It was the venturi tube. I turned off the gas and took off the top of the flue area so I could get to it. It had deposits which i cleared out, put it all back together and it works fine. Good idea to change the APS as well cos the old one wasnt working properly I dont think (no clicking when you blow into it yetthe new one did).

So yeah, got there eventually and I DID get a corgi registered bloke to come & have a look & do a bit of a service. Anyway, he was happy I'd done everything correctly and safely so its all sorted now.

Ruddy Venturi tubes!!

Forgot to say thanks to everyone who took the time to give me advice.

Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back