gps on pda

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help pick satnav software to install on a pda I have a bluetooth gps receiver which I use with my laptop and autoroute 2005. What I want to know is if I get a bluetooth pda can i install any satnav software and use the same receiver . What spec of pda(memory and expansion cards for maps) would be best thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

I use Tom Tom 5 mobile for my Sat Nav on my Nokia Phone with a generic bluetooth receiver. Excellent product which has now been upgraded to include full postcode search. Loads of free stuff to download off the web that is compatible like Points of Interest and Speed Cameras etc..

Check the TomTom website for compatibility but I reckon you should be fine with any decent PDA that has bluetooth. I use a 256Mb memory card in my mobile to load all the data and more. But you can fit it all on a 128Mb but is tight and may not fit all of the maps on you would like so go for a 256Mb.

Hope this helps.. :D

Doc Lenny said:
Hi

I use Tom Tom 5 mobile for my Sat Nav on my Nokia Phone with a generic bluetooth receiver. Excellent product which has now been upgraded to include full postcode search. Loads of free stuff to download off the web that is compatible like Points of Interest and Speed Cameras etc..

Check the TomTom website for compatibility but I reckon you should be fine with any decent PDA that has bluetooth. I use a 256Mb memory card in my mobile to load all the data and more. But you can fit it all on a 128Mb but is tight and may not fit all of the maps on you would like so go for a 256Mb.

Hope this helps.. :D

Hi, I also use TomTom Mobile 5 for Sat Nav on my Nokia 6680 with a generic Bluetooth Receiver and it rocks!!. It has been the best thing i have bought in a long time.

I must admit that being given the spoken directions by Ozzy Osbourne is particularly amusing :)

"Aaaaaaat thhheer end offf the road you ha..have reached youuur flipping destination" (replace flipping with something that sounds similar to waht Ozzy would use ;) )

Jon.

Go to memory map .com and have a look.
complete ordanance survey maps of the whole country on your pda/laptop gps system and you can plan your own route without some dumb person giving directions.

Sponsored Links
complete ordanance survey maps of the whole country on your pda/laptop gps system and you can plan your own route without some dumb person giving directions
Yuo can do the same from a variety of sources, not very handy if you go wrong, hit traffic and want an alternate route, or the roads have changed - the "dumb person" IMO is most handy.
Back to the roignal question, tomtom without a doubt.

Thanks for the advice. I followed the advice and went for tomtom, and I fully agree with everyone, it is the mutts nuts thanks john

Yeah cant go wrong, the only problem is, if anyone ever asks you directios to somewhere you have been, you wont have the foggiest!

Back