PDA software for electrical calculations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend suitable electrical software that would run on a PDA?

I am looking for software that would calculate voltage drops, power consumption, etc and include data for all the relevant UK cables.

I have found a few web based calculators but thought it would be useful having an "off line" calculator as well.

Moved as originally posted in WRONG FORUM (uk electrics)

Sponsored Links
Just as an update, has anyone got any software that might run on a Palm PDA for this?

I used to have one of those Palm Zires till the screen cracked and was always on the hunt for electrical calculators and suchlike but only ever found ones that did three phase calcs and power and electronics calcs but not what you want. most were also american influenced. I think trouble was lack of memory on the Palms to hold sufficient data for tables graphs etc.
Most of the "professional" software was little more than an ohms law calculation at best.
There may be better software out there for the windows based PDA's but i doubt it will satisfy your requirements.
I think PDA's need to get more powerful before then.
Have you looked at the latest micro PC's ? they might be able to handle the PC version electrical calculators.

Sponsored Links
Back