Hot water running out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is a frequent post (is there a read this first / FAQ ?) Our tried and tested hot water system in our B&B is causing us grief. We haven't changed anything for 5 years, but the hot water seems to be running out much faster than it was before. The age of the system is probably 25 years. It is a gravity fed system with an indirect hot tank heated by our primary boiler (in good fettle, and heating the house fine). The boiler cuts in and out according to the tank thermostat without delay etc. We are scratching our heads. Clearly we need professional help, but we want a good idea what might be wrong before we call in the (expensive) experts. Any ideas ? Any tests ?

Sponsored Links
can you answer a few questions :-

what is the capacity of the cylinder ?.

what setting is the cylinder stat set to ?.

is the boiler serviced regularily ?.

does your boiler cycle frequently ?.

does your boiler have any controls on ?

Al

Sorry to everybody. I posted in the wrong forum. Don't know how that happened - it annoys the hell out of me when I see other people do it.

Now posted in plumbing, where it belongs !

Sponsored Links
has someone messed with a thermostat somewhere?

the hotter you allow your tank to get the less hot water people will need to draw off to run a bath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back