Ferroli Optima 701 Hot water Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i was wandering if any of you nice folk out there could help me.

I have an Optima 701 and the Central Heating is perfect (Touch wood)
Always has been.

But the Hot water has always been poop the tap has to be turned on very slow for a small amount of water to get red hot then gradualy you can increase the flow of water so it stays hot.
If you just turn the hot water tap on full it is luke warm the burners to come on.

Now we could live with that just about But latley when you put the Hot water tap on the burners will switch on and off constantly to remedy it we have to run the water very low again and hope it stays on.

Any help would be great
I ranf technical at Ferroli and they said i had to open the PCB up and find what LEDs are iluminated and then with a multimeter ect test it.
Am not willing to get into the electrical side of repair YET anyway

Many thanks for any replys

Sponsored Links
I have a similar problem. I have got pdf files of the manuals if you need them. Just send me an email and I can forward them to you as they are not on Ferolli website.

Everytime we called for D.H.W the boiler would not kick in, but If I switch on the C.H the boiler came to life.

I'm not suggesting for one moment to mess with anything, but I checked the Air Flow Pressure Switch and adjusted it slightly and hey presto, each time you turn the D.H.W tap on, the boiler kicked in perfect.

Great, I thought............my problem now is that (with no leaks) the pressure drops below 1 bar over the period of a day and then no hot water and no heating until I re-pressurise and bring the pressure back up. I have noticed that the C.H Flow Outlet (thats drains to the garden) is dripping regular.

I'm wondering now if altering the air pressure switch has now created this problem.

Therefore, first and foremost I would suggest replacing the air pressure switch (maybe I need to also)

If anyone else has any idea why the pressure is now constantly dropping over the period of a day, any suggestions welcome.

Here we have a prime example of a non CORGI registered person who tampers with a safety device on his boiler by readjusting it until it works.

Not content with possibly endangering his own safety, he then encourages someone else to do it !!!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Which is why

"Here we have a prime example of a non CORGI registered person who tampers with a safety device on his boiler by readjusting it until it works"

sits heavily on my mammaries

Could you please send me pdf file for Optima 701 (Ferroli) having the same problem with the water.

Thanks

P Cope

I have a similar problem. I have got pdf files of the manuals if you need them. Just send me an email and I can forward them to you as they are not on Ferolli website.

Everytime we called for D.H.W the boiler would not kick in, but If I switch on the C.H the boiler came to life.

I'm not suggesting for one moment to mess with anything, but I checked the Air Flow Pressure Switch and adjusted it slightly and hey presto, each time you turn the D.H.W tap on, the boiler kicked in perfect.

Great, I thought............my problem now is that (with no leaks) the pressure drops below 1 bar over the period of a day and then no hot water and no heating until I re-pressurise and bring the pressure back up. I have noticed that the C.H Flow Outlet (thats drains to the garden) is dripping regular.

I'm wondering now if altering the air pressure switch has now created this problem.

Therefore, first and foremost I would suggest replacing the air pressure switch (maybe I need to also)

If anyone else has any idea why the pressure is now constantly dropping over the period of a day, any suggestions welcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back