PORCELAIN FLOOR TILES...HELP ME PLEASE !!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i'm in desperate need of help. my builders have just laid a porcelain floor (off white colour tiles) while i was at work i've come home to seal it . There are foot and dirt prints in the floor which look like they have soaked in before i could seal what do i do.... HELP !!!!! :(

Sponsored Links
A mild solution of brick cleaner should sort it out, but first of all try hot soapy water with some vinegar or lemon juice.

I'm not an expert but if the marks don't come out, it would be the responsibility of the firm who layed them to replace what they have damaged

Recently, there have been a lot of problems with poor quality imported, polished porcelain tiles, usually from china. Even though various sealers have been specified to use prior to grouting/walking on, the tiles have not been sealed properly causing staining problems.

I don't know from your question where the tiles originate from or how much they cost, but from experience, I have never had any problems with good quality spanish or italian polished porcelain.

By the sounds of it, you'll be lucky if the stains can be removed as they have penetrated into the pores in the tile. There are various products on the market from manufacturers such as Hagesan or Lithofin that may or may not work.

If it doesn't work, the liability may lay with either the tile supplier or the fitter, dependant on what advice you were given when you bought them. ie:- if the supplier said they should be sealed before walking on/grouting and the fitter knew this, then it's the fitter's fault. If the supplier stated they didn't need any treatment, then the liability will probably be with them.

If you do have to replace them, go for a better quality tile (obviosuly they'll be more expensive!) that doesn't need any type of impregnating sealer.

Hope this helps!

Sponsored Links
Can you let me know the outcome of this?

I have a similiar problem, cheap china tiles! Stain already after a day, cant get them out.

I guess I need to fully seal them, I'll first try to get stains out....pin in the ass!

theres only 1 product that will grt this out & its called -

Fila Detertek

Its an Italian producy used specifically for polished porcelain. Its not ccheap and you will struggle to find stockists. I have a couple of 5l bottes which you can have for £50 each. Normally retail is well over this (@80-90 I think) anyway if you want just email me. Regards Jim

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back