whirlpool dishwasher not draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a Whirlpool Model # DU945PWPQ0 and it will not drain, even after pushing the cancel button. If I leave it over night, some of the water will drain out..Can someone give me an idea as to where to start? We checked the drain hose, and it is not kinked or anything and didn't notice any airholes

Sponsored Links
To add to this: Your particular model has a check valve screwed into the pump housing and it is known for getting clogged up. You can unscrew it and clean it out.

Thank you so much for answering. Can you give me an idea where the check valve is located?

Helene

Sponsored Links
We found the check valve, and you were right, it was clogged. A glass must have broken in there, because it was clogged with some glass. We cleaned it out, reconnected, and now it works perfectly!!

Thank you so much for your help!

Great job! I was just writing to tell you where it was in the housing at the end of the hose. I'm glad you found it.

I can try to find the valve mentioned earlier, but I am having problem pulling out the dishwasher out of the wood enclosure. Do I need to get out of it in order to reach the end of the white hose (air hose)?
Kindly reply. :?:

:oops: can you clarify for me, which is the drain hose? I noticed three hoses: one white, one black-fat, and one like skinny with rings.

Which one is the one I need to check?

Thanks,

Try following the drain hose from the drain it empties into to the pump on the dishwasher and check that for blockages. Take it off right at the pump first and you may find your problem right there.

the garbage disposer? That is the only pump I see. thanks for all your help. :oops:

No, the pump to your dishwasher. If you take off the bottom panel to your dishwasher you should see a pump with one or more hoses coming out of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back