Hotpoint Aquarius 1200 Not Drying?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my Hotpoint Aquarius Washer/Dryer has been working fine but just started to not dry clothes. They come out soaking wet and steaming!!!!

Any ideas? I recently dried a particularly fluffy blanket? Are there any filters I can clean out inside or any areas to look for build up of fluff, if that could be the problem?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
don't know the particular model but most washer/dryers have a filter which is located behind the bottom kick plate see if the base is loose and if so pull it forward you should find the filter behind unscrew it clean it and refit (p.s put a good absobant towel on the floor as the filter will probably still have water in it

Does this appliance have a hose to the outside world? If so, check that it's not crushed, or blocked, or has birds nesting in it (!).

Your question about the filter is also relevant. I'm not familiar with this particular model, but I recommend asking Hotpoint for technical advice, unless some kind forum member knows where the filter is...

There is no user accessible filter on your machine. The filter basket is located within the sump hose, however, if the machine is washing and draining ok then this filter isn't blocked.
The condenser for the drier side of the machine is likely to be blocked by fluff from the blanket you dried. To clear this involves removing the condenser from the machine and cleaning it out. Quite a difficult job.

Sponsored Links
Sleepyhead said:
There is no user accessible filter on your machine. The filter basket is located within the sump hose, however, if the machine is washing and draining ok then this filter isn't blocked.
The condenser for the drier side of the machine is likely to be blocked by fluff from the blanket you dried. To clear this involves removing the condenser from the machine and cleaning it out. Quite a difficult job.

Thanks for the reply. Ive tried the maintenance wash first and seems to have made no difference.

Is the condenser the unit on top of the drum? Covered in silver reflective padding?

Thanks,

No, thats the heater. It's on the back of the machine, attached to the fan and the outer tub. Usually plastic and it has a water hose attached to it.

Thanks for the help sleepyhead. Will give it a clean out.

ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back