Shower just suddenly stopped working.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shower is a Topaz t80i. This morning i was taking a shower and the shower water just stopped completely. When i turn the shower on the power and everything works...just no water. Not even an attempt by the shower to pump any water. Just dead.
Anybody shed any light?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
i am not fmiliar with your shower, but as you mentioned pump i take it to be a power shower, have you checked the fuse?

breezer said:
i am not fmiliar with your shower, but as you mentioned pump i take it to be a power shower, have you checked the fuse?

Thanks for the reply.
Erm...where is the fuse located? I'm guessing it's a power shower. It's just a standard electric. Does this mean i have to unscrew the casing a take a peep inside?

Thanks again

John

NO DONT OPEN IT! i am going to search for yours now (found it)

this
Topaz_T80i_03_2_small1.jpg
is it isn't it?

how old is it?

and has the MCB of fuse in your main consumers unit tripped

Sponsored Links
I've checked the downstairs main fuse box an nothing is tripped. Everything is on.
Yes that looks like the shower. :
The shower was here when we moved in. ABOUT 1 YEAR AGO.

I think you will find that modern electric showers have a solinoid operated water valve fitted so it would not surprise me if that has failed.
With the power supply off and the casing removed you can check the solinoid for continuity.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

to quote johnvixen "Erm...where is the fuse located? I'm guessing it's a power shower. It's just a standard electric. Does this mean i have to unscrew the casing a take a peep inside?

that would imply that with regard to electical equipment he is "unsure" so i doubt if he could check the continuity of the solenoid.

you may be wasting your money, thats asuming it is the solenoid. may be may be not. best get an electrican in.

if you think the shower is 5 years old or close to 5 years old it may be time for a new one ( i am not joking) do a search for showers on these forums

I would recommend calling out a triton service engineer. I believe they charge around £45.00 fixed fee + parts. It does sound like the solonoid valve and these cost about £22.00 . No I dont work for triton but rather than start replacing unneccesary parts and from the safety aspect that is what I would advise.

that was so obvious i had't thought of it, but i would deffinently agree

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back