RAVENHEAT LS80 COMBI BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i ve just had a ravenheat ls80 combi boiler fitted,when calling for heat boiler comes on(quite loud too)after a few mins shuts off again. will fitting a room stat cure this problem as it is only using the boiler stat for temp control.
thanks

Sponsored Links
i am not a plumber or heating engineer, but from what i read on these forums it is law that you have a "boiler interlock" (think thats the official words) commonly known as a room stat.

Whoever fitted the boiler, should have left with you the boiler installation manual and the benchmark logbook. Benchmark logbook is you gurantee that the boiler has been fitted AND commissioned by a registered gas engineer, has controls installed as per local building regs and the system has been chemically cleansed and dosed with inhibitor.

If you were to call ot the makers to repair the boiler, the can refuse if the system does not comply. They can ask for the logbook for system settings.

Fitting a roomstat while it is required to be in place as far as building regs are concered, will make no difference to the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a gas pressure problem to me. Call the people who installed it back because you will have a guarentee.

if your rads have trv's you won't need a room stat. trv's are better anyway because they offer individual room temp control.

If you call out Ravenheat and the system isn't installed properly and you have no joy with the installer contact corgi and watch him come flying back to sort it out.

Hope this helps Gasman ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back