Electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help. My electric shower (which is quite old)started making strange noises and the water would stop, and the indicator on the shower would say \\\"low pressure\\\". I would turn it off and then later it would work again. During my shower yesterday it stopped completely. It makes absolutely no noise at all (used to hear the water) and there is no water. The light on the ceiling pull switch is still on, and the \\\"on\\\" light on the shower still comes on, but no water comes out. :( Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong? (its not a fuse)
Many thanks
:)

Sponsored Links
Kerry, it sounds like it has come to the end of it's useful life. Do you know how old the shower is? Might be time to call in a sparks for a replacement with a new one but get a few quotes.
Did you notice any reduction in your water pressure in general from the taps recently?

:D Thanks for your advice. I think you are quite right and the shower is ready for the dustbin! Since you mentioned it, I think the pressure of the whole house has reduced a bit - but certainly not dramatically - what could this mean?
Is there any particular make / model of electric shower you would reccommend? :D
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Personally I like the mira range, and dislke gainsborough. This is just my opinion and I'm sure others will argue the toss over which is best. Just remember you get what you pay for....

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back