Whirlpool ADG 7540 Pump Stalling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Whirlpool ADG 7540 Integrated dishwasher is not cleaning correctly. It starts OK but at some time in the cycle the pump sounds like it is stalling on and off. When the stalling occurs, the plastic pipes which transport water to the top spray bars become unseated - giving the poor wash results. I have undone the bottom panel and pinched the inlet hose to the pump, when it is in the stalled state, and the pump behaves fine - no stalling. This leads me to believe that its not an electrical connection fault but some kind of pressure / pump issue. There are no blockages in the filters or outlet pipe.If you push the plastic pipes ( which take water to top spray bars ) back in, the pump stops stalling but then goes again a few minutes later. Don :( 't know what to try next - guarantee ended 2 months ago. Greatly appreciate any help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back