Zanussi Jetsystem 1200 - Door Catch Broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Very frustratingly (and I see I am not alone on this one) the door catch on my Zanussi Jetsystem 1200 has broken. Looking from the front there seems no way to open the door (without extreme damage!). I have taken the top off to see if I might be able to reach the catch from inside but could not see how to do this without removing the drum. Perhaps its possible from underneath? Does anyone know of a simpler way / any way to get into the machine with the door catch broken? Its lasted 10 years without a single problem until now ...

Sponsored Links
If it's just the catch and not the door lock, try getting a piece of string longer than the circumference of the door. Thread it between the door and the seal and pull the door catch towards the center of the door. So long as the door lock isn't jammed that sometimes works.

Hi Har_vey,

thanks sooooo much for your tip, worked a treat! We used some garden twine with wire in for strength as a piece of string we tried broke. One empty washing machine, one happy girlfriend ... thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back