Zanussi WJS1397W Door Broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Zanussi Washer Dryer; Model WJS1397W. The door catch has broken and I am unable to open it. I have found advice saying that removing the top panel gains access to the door catch; it doesn't. I can just about reach it from underneath but cannot figure out a way to find or release the catch.
Any advice will be most welcome.
Thanks
Dave

Sponsored Links
Feed a piece of string in between the door and the machine, work it around to the hinge area and pull to the hinge side, that'll open the door.

Hi,
Thanks, I have already found that solution and have now got the door open.

I can now see what the problem is and need a new handle. My problem now is how to remove the broken part. It would appear that the door either has to be dismantled or the flap by the handle needs to be removed. The securing bolts are underneath that flap which a first glance appears to actually be a flap but it's not it's part of the outer door surround. It looks as if it could be cut away with a bit of care but then it couldn't be replaced so I don't know what the answer is. Bit of a bind because a new handle assembly is only a fiver!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back