LAYING CERAMIC FLOOR TILES ON WOODEN FLOOR BOARDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you advise me the best way to lay ceramic floor tiles onto wooden floorboards. I want to basically make my own shower tray out of mosaic floor tiles, and the size of the area to be tiled is quite large and conventional shower trays are not large enough. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
See this to help you,any problem get back to us.

Did you know you can get shower tray up to 1.8 m ?

Thanks for the reply. 1.8m still aint big enough! What I want to do is build glass blocks on the tray/floor, negating the need for a shower door. With this in mind, it would be better if I could lay the glass blocks straight onto the tray/floor....if you see what I mean? :?:

If the area really is bigger than a shower tray (and you can obtain some very large trays these day) then you may be better making the entire room a wet room.

In any event you will need to think about having an adequate fall to ensure an area that large drains properly.

I used to spend a lot of time designing bathrooms for disabled people and you might want to look at some of the methods employed for providing wheelchair accessible showers.

Sponsored Links
where can iget shower trays as big as 1.8 meters

Message for Chand:

Hi Boss

You can get shower trays bigger than 1.8m in Euxton tiles, near Chorley, Lancashire. Have you tried there???

do I need to hardboard a wooden floor before laying ceramic tiles? :confused:

please note forum rules 17 & 10

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back