Is it me or have they made a balls up here?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There's a bunch of Scouse builders building some houses on some land just behind my house. I've been looking at them and reckon they've dropped a major clanger on two of them. Have a look at the two pics. You're looking at the tops of the porches. In the second pic it looks as though they've carried the blockwork up too high - it's right under the window ledges.
I have no idea what they'll do to make it look right. What can they do?

P1000175.JPG

P1000176.JPG

Sponsored Links
by the time they have fixed the roof tiles and battens, which will soak up 70mm ish, the upstand of lead should be 150mm as per regulation.

Sponsored Links
No cavity tray :LOL: :LOL: what a surprise :rolleyes: Alright if they`re leeward ;)

Ah that explains it clearly Masona. Ta.

Nige, 4 of the 6 houses face WSW and I live in Lancashire. I can guarantee that the front of the 4 houses will get an absolute battering with rain and wind. Are you saying that there could be a problem if they've not fitted cavity trays?

gcol said:
Ah that explains it clearly Masona. Ta.

Nige, 4 of the 6 houses face WSW and I live in Lancashire. I can guarantee that the front of the 4 houses will get an absolute battering with rain and wind. Are you saying that there could be a problem if they've not fitted cavity trays?
yep....and I just Lurve Newbuild :rolleyes:

is it possible or normal to fit cavity trays to walls when fitting an after market convervatory to an existing house?

No Probs....you can get retro-fit tray systems for just that :idea: Isuppose your conservatory fitters didn`t bother :rolleyes: .....Google Cavity trays of Yeoville ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back