2 way 2 gang NIGHTMARE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi wonder if you can help i have been trying to replace a light switch in my hall which operates a light in my hall and a light on my landing.
I got distracted having remaoved all light switch without making a note of wiring positions.
i will try and explain what i have got/
2 way 2 gang switch
wires
1 * 2core and earth (1 red wire 1 black)
(for hall light i assume)?
2 grey cables
there was also a small link wire on the back of the switch either going from com - com or L1 - L1 not sure which
have mangage to get the lights to work in any number of ways except how they should?
PLEASE HELP MY HEAD IS IN SUCH A SPIN

Sponsored Links
Hi, i may be right in saying that the 2-core and earth is wired as such, red into common connection with the link from this into the other common. The black goes into the L1 of one switch.

Do the two grey wires have any coloured sleeving on them? I think these may be strappers for the two way and would go into L1 and L2 of the other switch, the one with the common linked onto it.

You should really test this out though.

hi thanks for your reply the two grey wires have a black inner sleeve i will try what you have suggested and let you know how i get on

well i just tried that and limited success.
the landing light worked but the hall light did not and if the light had be turned off using the switch at the bottom of the stairs the switch on the landing didnt work? Any ideas..

Sponsored Links
What wires are in the other landing switch?

the is a brown going in to com and L1 and a blue going into L2 am charging digital camera to take some pics incase that my help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back