Re-grouting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When re-grouting ceramic tile, do I have to remove ALL the old grout, or just the loss old grout, or do I take out only about 3/4 of the old grout (so the tiles stay in place)?

Sponsored Links
dwdiy

take as much old stuff out as you can uniformly all over, that way the new grout isnt good in patches ,if any tiles appear to be loose get them sorted as you go ,
hope this helps :)

i had a difficult time trying to remove the tile adhesive between the new tiles so thst i could grout them. i tried the tool from the diy store, that was a waste of time. the best solution was to use a saw for cutting wood with very jagged teeth and lay it straight and steady between the tiles. you saw through the adhesive in no time.. i was happy and wouldn,t mind paying for a gadget like this if ever on sale

Sponsored Links
Considering the post is over 3 years old, my guess is that he's sorted it by now. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back