ZANUSSI WJS-1397W - CLICKING NOISE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our washing machine makes a clicking noise, when a normal cycle is selected. The clicking sound appears to come from the top of the machine. The machine appears to be spinning & pumping waste water ok but is not cycling correctly, any ideas on the clicking noise? :cry:

Sponsored Links
I've the same problem added to the fact that the machine is "sticking" and not progressing through the washing cycle (any of them). It does however fill and empty and spin if I manually move the programmer on so I suspect that the issue is that the water is either not being heated by the machine (faulty heater) or the thermostat is faulty.
Obvious solution - check both of these!
I would do if I could identify them - any ideas anyone?

Had the problem with machine sticking through cycles and eventually stopping altogether. Cleaned out both air switches - main problem seemed to be the small bottle near the pump where considerable debris had collected. Had to fish with a wire from the front filter - only access point. This did the trick

Sponsored Links
mine was the same just sat on "D" clicking. So i took out the filter and poked a piece of wire down and loads of crud came through, now working great. thanks to trialanderrro..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back