KITCHENAID WASHER, SUPERBA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WASHER OVERFILLS, WILL NOT STOP FOR NEXT CYCLE TO START. CAN MANUALLY MOVE SWITCH TO SPIN CYCLE AND WATER WILL CUT OFF AND SPIN TO EMPTY AND STOP. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THE WATER TO STOP AT DESIRED FILL LEVEL?? THANKS.

==============================
please read the forum rules

Sponsored Links
I would check into the water level switch. This switch is responsible for shuting off the water at the desired level and then switching the the power to run the motor. You may have a crack in the air tube thats connected to the switch or it may not be connected at all.

handyman1962, could you tell me where the water level switch is located???

Hi WFUDAD. The water level switch (sometimes called a pressure switch) is located behind the knob that you chooses your load size in the control panel. Pop off the plastic end pieces off the end of the control panel (If your washer has these). This will reveal the screws. Remove them and flip the console toward the back. As I said earlier, check to make sure that air tube is connected good at both ends and there is no crack in them which would cause your washer to overfill.

Sponsored Links
HANDYMAN1962,

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP...THE TUBE WAS NOT FASTENED ON KNOB..RE-CONNECTED AND IT WORKS!!! THANKS AGAIN. WFUDAD

HANDYMAN1962, ONE MORE QUESTION FOR YOU, THE INSIDE BASKET SEEMS TO BE LOOSE, AND MAYBE THAT IS WHAT VIBERATED THE TUBE LOOSE FROM THE CONTROL KNOB...HOW WOULD I TIGHTEN THAT?

caplock.jpg

Hi WFUDAD. You might want to continue dissasembly from the point where you had the control panel flipped over. Unplug the lid switch harness and with a flat screwdriver bend the two metal clips until they release. After that, stand in front of the washer and tilt the cabinet towards you. The whole cabinet comes off in one piece. Once the cabinet is off check the three suspension springs and the one counterweight spring. It's possible one of them has broken or fallen out of its hole and this could give you a bad vibration.

Thanks again, Handyman1962...I will try this in the morning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back