very cold rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my front room radiotor is just warm and no more only at top bottom half cold the pipe going into the raditor is hot but the return pipe cold bled it flushed the system and took raditor outside and hosed it still no luck ans also livingroom hot but not convecting heat out like the rest of raditors system only 2 yrs old and have had that liquid put threw it.combi boiler hot water perfect.valve open full thermo opened to the fullest and the boiler is up to as high as it will go help!

Sponsored Links
Please put some commas and full stops in your post, so we can more easily make sense of what you are trying to say. :rolleyes:

grammar is obviously not the posters strong point, neither it would seem is reading, the spelling is terrible (i say reading because there is a spell check button that most people seem to think is for decoration only)

........there is a spell check button that most people seem to think is for decoration only

Know what you mean, but it allows you to use "ware" instead of "where", "their" instead of "there", "pizza" instead of "compression joint",......... :D

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
Please put some commas and full stops in your post

I've found it mate,your grammar must of fell down the bottom, right? :LOL:

, .. .... ,, ,,, ' '' ..... , ' ,,, ... ; ,,, ! ? ....

Is this all you can offer to this poor poster your splendid wit??

Have you thought maybe she was more concerned with her predicament than worrying whether she used perfect grammer?

Or do you have to be a prizewinner at Eisteddfodd to post here?

Congratulations I'm sure you achieved your result of bullying the person away.

Jo~ker said:
Is this all you can offer to this poor poster your splendid wit??

Have you thought maybe she was more concerned with her predicament than worrying whether she used perfect grammer?

Or do you have to be a prizewinner at Eisteddfodd to post here?

Congratulations I'm sure you achieved your result of bullying the person away.

Silence Jo~ker.

Obviously you cannot comprehend humour, which contradicts your name.
It is about time some people start taking life a bit less seriously.
I'm sure oilman meant not to 'bully' her away.

and of course we all know that builders,sparks and plumbers all use perfekt inglish ;)

:oops: Sorry :oops: ,it wasn't intended but I do see your point.

I'm going to write this a 100 times,

"I must learn not to get carried away and take the mickey out of people"

Apology to shazzy32,

shazzy32,
If you can get someone to help you re-write your post (use the edit button) and see if we can help you.

Don't quite understand what the Welsh have to do with it?

I agree DavidH.

I think Jo~ker has been using Brand X.
Haha.

Sorry, just a little joke there...

Anyway, people shoud try to use good english, because typing text style (i.e. 'rusbgiupsifh') is hard to decipher when using professional terms. It is fine for every day conversion on the phone, but not when others have to understand you properly to help you.

Sterose wrote

Thanks sterose, I certainly didn't. My first post on this thread was to get a re-write that conveyed what the writer was trying to say. In shazzy32's post there is one fullstop (almost hidden), and one exclaimation mark. This means it is easy to read it as something other than shazzy32 intended, which wouldn't be much use as a different problem might be answered. I could spend ages working it all out, but just as people like it when we put some effort into giving constructive answers, we like it when people make it easier for us to understand the question.

A useful way to do this is keep the sentences short. This helps a lot.

Putting each seperate point on a new line also makes it stand out.

You don't have to write the query like this at first, just write as you think. Once it is written down then go over it and edit it as if you were editing some one elses writing. This is not the only way to write of course, but it can make things a bit clearer.

My second post was just pointing out the limits of help from using the spelling checker which would allow you write any old garbage and pass it as correct.

Eye suggest ewe get of you're hoarse joker, as it's lame.

oilman said:
Sterose wrote

Thanks sterose, I certainly didn't. My first post on this thread was to get a re-write that conveyed what the writer was trying to say. In shazzy32's post there is one fullstop (almost hidden), and one exclaimation mark. This means it is easy to read it as something other than shazzy32 intended, which wouldn't be much use as a different problem might be answered. I could spend ages working it all out, but just as people like it when we put some effort into giving constructive answers, we like it when people make it easier for us to understand the question.

A useful way to do this is keep the sentences short. This helps a lot.

Putting each seperate point on a new line also makes it stand out.

You don't have to write the query like this at first, just write as you think. Once it is written down then go over it and edit it as if you were editing some one elses writing. This is not the only way to write of course, but it can make things a bit clearer.

My second post was just pointing out the limits of help from using the spelling checker which would allow you write any old garbage and pass it as correct.

Eye suggest ewe get of you're hoarse joker, as it's lame.

My spellchecker shows
"seperate" as "separate"
"exclaimation" as "exclamation"

Renovator, was there a point you wanted to make by this pedantic observation? If so, could you please explain?

Shazzy32, don't worry English is not a subject that I paid a lot of attention to at school, so I maybe understood. To help, this is what i would do.
If all your other rads are getting hot, turn em off, this should force water into your cold rads and heat em.
If this works then you probably have a balance problem. Then all you do is restrict the flow to your other rads when you turn them back on, by using the lockshield valves.
If this does not work, then it is more likely to be a blockage or air lock.

PS ............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, for the benefit of the helpful souls - I have left a few bits for you guys to insert them where needed ***

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back