One of my radiators is cold.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I recently had my bedroom replastered. The plasterer and I thought it would be a good idea to remove the bedroom radiator so he could plaster behind it. As we could not manage to close the inlet valve into the raditor we decided to screw it back into place and plaster around it. Now for some reason this raditor will not get remotely warm, even the inlet pipe to it is stone cold whilst all the other raditors in my house are warm. I tried bleeding the raditor but it seems there is no air in it just cold water. The boiler and whole system is pretty old and the radiators are the old fashion type without thermostats, just a screw valave for on and off. Can anyone advise me what I can do to try and get this raditor working again?

Many thanks,

Julian, London

Sponsored Links
Turn off all rads except this one and turn the pump onto full speed. Hopefully will push water through, assuming rad valves are fully open and not jammed shut, including the locksheild valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back