DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

bosch combi red light keeps flashing

This topic originated from the How to page called Problems associated with noises from the central heating system
Click here to return to the page called Problems associated with noises from the central heating system.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
martinb

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:44 pm Reply with quote

please help...boiler is a worcester bosch 24cdi ...problem is when the boiler is about to come on for the heating it suddenly shuts down and the red light on the front facia starts to flash and all stays shut down until we hold the red button in for about five seconds...this is beginning to happen on a regular basis...could you tell me what the problem is...thank you in advance.
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
COG

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:34 pm Reply with quote

If its the ch light thats flashing slow then it indicates burner lockout ie its failed to light or failed to register its lit. If you can see a spark at the start then it could be just the min setting on the gas valve is too low or a faulty valve but basically to technical for a diy'er unless your qualified to use a manometer and an avo.
 Alert Moderators
Sarahj

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:28 pm Reply with quote

Just found this old post - I have the same problem with my Worcester 24cdi. How did you resolve it?
My pressure is nearly on zero. I was told I need a 'plug' to insert in the bottom of the boiler to enable the taps to fill it.
Not sure where I can get one from. Any ideas appreciated.
 Alert Moderators
chuckles

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:22 pm Reply with quote

When your boiler was installed did the installer leave a white filling key with you? I know very little about boilers, central heating, etc., but we have the same boiler as you and we have this filling key which is put into the bottom of the boiler to re-pressurise it. So far never had to actually do it ourselves, because it is always ok until the annual service when the service engineer does it for us. If you haven't got a filling key, may be an engineer would carry one?, or perhaps you may be able to get one from Worcester Bosch? Sorry can't be more help.
 Alert Moderators
COG

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:30 pm Reply with quote

The key you want is available direct from Worcester or your local "boiler spares " will get the number for you in the morning
 Alert Moderators
breezer

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:38 pm Reply with quote

COG wrote:
The key you want is available direct from Worcester or your local "boiler spares " will get the number for you in the morning

thats good service for a bank holiday
 Alert Moderators
Sarahj

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:22 pm Reply with quote

Thats excellent service for a bank holiday!!! Many thanks to all. Yep that number would be real handy.

Sarah
 Alert Moderators
COG

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:10 pm Reply with quote

If your boiler is over one year old then the part number for the chargeing link key is 87161211070, the newer models have a smaller key.
 Alert Moderators
plumb

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:56 pm Reply with quote

Sarahj wrote:
Just found this old post - I have the same problem with my Worcester 24cdi. How did you resolve it?
My pressure is nearly on zero. I was told I need a 'plug' to insert in the bottom of the boiler to enable the taps to fill it.
Not sure where I can get one from. Any ideas appreciated.

The worcester is supplied with a key instead of conventional filling loop! If your pressure gauge is near zero & you don't have key go to any plumbers merchant and order one it plugs in to the right of centre from underneath next to a small black knob once key is inserted and turned 90degrs turn small knob & bring pressure up to about 1.4-1.5 bars cold. Pressure switch should stop boiler working below 1 bar
 Alert Moderators
holty

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:01 pm Reply with quote

wow, that must be the most delayed answer ever on this forum icon_wink.gif
 Alert Moderators
corgiman

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:14 am Reply with quote

holty wrote:
wow, that must be the most delayed answer ever on this forum icon_wink.gif

I hope the OP is a patient type

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: