Ignition failure- after replacing radiator (Worcester 28cdi)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?

We have a Worcester 28cdi combi boiler and have never had any problems with it (6 months old), but since recently removing and later putting back the radiator (after decorating) the boiler has stopped working. It was working whilst the radiator was off but since putting it back and bleeding it through, the boiler's ignition now fails to light and subsequently we have no heating or hot water. Also it appears that the pressure is low. I have tried resetting it but there is still no pilot light although from time to time you can see it sparking to try and start?

I can only seem to think that this has come about from replacing the radiator (it was all working fine whilst the radiator was off during decorating) but as new home owner I am still learning and rather ignorant to these such things! Can anyone shed some light on this??

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Sponsored Links
Have you reset the pressure to 1 bar app. You should have a fast or slow flashing light if it wont fire, if so what light and how fast , check the back of the front panel for info on re pressuriseing and flashing lights

The central heating light is fashing slowly but can be reset then it stops but unfortunately the boiler does not ignite.

I havent tried repressuring, do I need to shut the boiler off and the gas off before doing so?

you need to represurise before starting up your boiler, your boiler should re-set even with no system pressure so you seem to have some bad luck , did you shut off any of the iso valves under the boiler

Sponsored Links
no i havent touched any valves under the boiler.

(thank God for hot water bottles!!)

Hi COG,

It looks like you know a lot about combo boilers (not like me).

I had a problem: I shut down my electricity during one month and I arrived today from hollidays, finding out that HW is OK but central heating is not working.

My boiler is a potterton performa 28.
Any idea about how to make it work again in the cheapest way?

Thanks a lot.
COG said:
you need to represurise before starting up your boiler, your boiler should re-set even with no system pressure so you seem to have some bad luck , did you shut off any of the iso valves under the boiler

If you have lost ch simply by shutting down the power its prob a fault on the pc or timer .do you have a flow chart for your boiler and an AVO

just a thought, since you have turned the elctricity off perhaps the timer wants re-setting (it may have "forgot" what time to turn the heating on, or it may be it din't forget, it just thinks that today is monday 11 o'clock in the MORNING (i am saying it may be the timer just wants correcting)

Hi and thanks,
I have tried to reset the timer since the beginning to just be on 24h a day, and, or I'm quite bad doing it (could be) or it doesn't react...
The first clock is the actual time (I guess)
In SET I select clock, and I set it to the actual time.
I select SET prog, then, and I select on at 12.10am, set again, and select 08.00am, I select SET again, to turn it on at 08.10am and SET again to turn it off at 12.00am.
Nothing happens.
I have a timer, sorry for my ignorance, I don't know what is a AVO or the flow chart, I'm spanish speaker, so I have few problems understanding technical terms...

Thanks, I hope you could help me. By the way, the failure neon has disapeared, so it meant 30 degrees, a doubt less...?

I'm looking forward a light.

COG said:
If you have lost ch simply by shutting down the power its prob a fault on the pc or timer .do you have a flow chart for your boiler and an AVO

su inglés es bueno, mejor que mi español, la buena suerte con su caldera :LOL:

(English version: Your english is good better than my Spanish, good luck with your boiler)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back