IGNIS ADL834 Dishwasher - Element or Stat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an IGNIS ADL834 dishwasher (I know, not the Rolls-Royce of dishwashers!) and it's been giving sterling service for a few years. Apart from having to replace the poorly engineered control knob a couple of times.

But, last weekend we put it on and went out - to return to find it pumping cold water around, it had been doing this for a few hours.

It pumps water around at 2 positions on the dial at 6 o'clock and 10 o'clock, where it stays stuck, from this I deduce it is the wash cycle and rinse cycle that expect it to heat the water.

My first test would be on the element, they seem reasonably cheap and I'm happy to get into it. Note to self : AFTER DISCONNECTING THE POWER

My questions is : how do I test the element? Would I find an open circuit or what sort of resistance would make sense.

Also, is there anything else to look out for? Thermostat? Wiring?

Thanks

Jim

Sponsored Links
Hamfisted_amateur said:
Hi,

I have an IGNIS ADL834 dishwasher (I know, not the Rolls-Royce of dishwashers!) and it's been giving sterling service for a few years. Apart from having to replace the poorly engineered control knob a couple of times.

But, last weekend we put it on and went out - to return to find it pumping cold water around, it had been doing this for a few hours.

It pumps water around at 2 positions on the dial at 6 o'clock and 10 o'clock, where it stays stuck, from this I deduce it is the wash cycle and rinse cycle that expect it to heat the water.

My first test would be on the element, they seem reasonably cheap and I'm happy to get into it. Note to self : AFTER DISCONNECTING THE POWER

My questions is : how do I test the element? Would I find an open circuit or what sort of resistance would make sense.

Also, is there anything else to look out for? Thermostat? Wiring?

Thanks

Jim

OK, the element was fine according to my multimeter.

I did read somewhere (here?) about an overtemp switch, so I looked underneath and found a switch with a red button in the middle - pushed it - and the dishwasher is working OK; BUT it does seem to be running quite hot - i.e. almost boiling water - where is the thermostat and how can I remove it and check it?

Cheers

Jim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back