Bathroom fan/cooker hood

PEA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
The bathroom fan in my flat has packed in and i need to replace it. It goes out through an approx 3m duct (inside plasterboard covering) along a wall and then along the living room ceiling to the outside. The bathroom is approx 2m x 3m. Are there any special requirements I need given the length of the duct?

Also, the kitchen backs on to the wall where this ducting runs. Would it be possible to fit a cooker hood or kitchen extractor to feed into the same ducting? Would both still work alright?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You might end up with the smell of food in your bathroom. I would have thought a like for like when selecting new fan. Kitchen should have its own ducting really

Job_n_knock said:
You might end up with the smell of food in your bathroom.

Or the smell of sh.. in your kitchen
vomit-smiley-001.gif

Sponsored Links
Interestingly, I am looking at a similar solution. Obviously the two ductings can't be linked, but what about if they both exit the building at the same place via a double outlet. Screwfix do a 'pipe to channel' adaptor which seems to take a 100mm pipe and convert it to a 110x54 rectangle. Perhaps two could be put side by side in the space of one vent brick? Actually, the adapters would probably have to be placed further back, with the final two runs to the exit being completed in flat channel ducting...

It might just work...(or would the smells still mix outside the building? I wouldn't have thought so).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back