Repo/Reclaimed Victorian hallway tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need about 17 square meters of victorian hallway floor tiles. Any idea where I could get some without spending a fortune? Repoduction or reclaimed. I just saw a company on ebay trying to flog 20 m2 for EIGHT THOUSAND quid!!!!

Sponsored Links
Cold to stand on, but durable, water-resistant and resistant to stains and spillages. They are available in numerous colours, patterns and shapes and are made of natural clay, decorated on one side with coloured glaze. The surfaces are normally glazed, but are not as highly polished as wall tiles, while others are matt or have an unglazed finish.

Unglazed tiles must be sealed with the correct proprietary sealant (recommended by the manufacturer) once laid. The stronger floor tiles are thicker and darker on their underside and often come in larger sizes. They are fired at a higher temperature (vitrified) so that the particles fuse together. This results in the tiles being almost unbreakable when laid.
===========================================================================================
Used Cars
Patrick[/url]

Sponsored Links
Brummie - check out www.salvoweb.com for dealers UK wide then work the phone ... you may be very lucky to find originals at an acceptable price. Although these yards know the value of stuff you can often drive a real discount and get a bargin. Of course, the advantage of reclaimed stuff is that it looks authenic in the setting; repro gear IMO will always look 'new'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back