Which combi boiler make?!?!?!

Jeepers creepers!! What have I started?!?! Or by the looks of it, a long running fued! Has been quite entertaining, but thanks to Gasman1015 who was one of the few that actually answered my question.

Something tells me I would be better in the long run paying more for BG to install the Bosch even though there are rumours that BG are not always acting in your best interests. They say if you are buying something once then buy the best you can afford, I just needed someone independent to confirm that for me. Although, I guess I'm still not sure at this point.

And although I should not fuel the fire, as far as I am aware and concerned, gas appliances should and must only be installed but a registered Corgi engineer, end of story.

Sponsored Links
Gasman1015 said:
gordon_mc said:
Hi,

My research so far has told me that Bosch and Vaillant are the better makes, and Alpha does not appears very much. Not that that is everything to go by, but I just don't know what to think. I'm happy to pay more for the best if that is the best thing to do.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gordon

You will not go far wrong with either the Bosch or Vaillant, and yes everyone will give you a different opinion, better to have at least a 28kw, which will give you a better hot water flow rate, assuming of course someone has at least checked your mains pressure and flow.
There does not seem to be any boilers that are bulletproof, try to find an installer through recommendation of familiy and friends and get several quotes.

I would personally recommend the Worcester Bosch range and have their engineers commission for approval of their extended warranty scheme, costs mind you but will maybe give you piece of mind, and make sure your existing system is flushed correctly before commissioning.

Good Luck.

In this price bracket, I would go for the Glow Worm (rebadged Vaillant and cheaper) or the Vaillant. The Bosch has an aluminium heat exchanger. Although silicon coated I just prefer the stainless steel of the Vaillant and Glow Worm

When replacing an boioer has it flushed and always install a magnaclean or Boioer Buddy filter on the return to the boiler. Well worth installing. They do collect all the magenite, which leads to sludge.

WATER SYSTEMS spells:-

"""When replacing an boioer has it flushed and always install a magnaclean or Boioer Buddy filter on the return to the boiler. Well worth installing. They do collect all the magenite, which leads to sludge."""

You can tell he is not CORGI registered because he spells "boiler" wrong two out of three times!

PS DIY gas work is only legal in the unlikely event that you are competent to work on gas!

Agile said:
WATER SYSTEMS spells:-

"""When replacing an boioer has it flushed and always install a magnaclean or Boioer Buddy filter on the return to the boiler. Well worth installing. They do collect all the magenite, which leads to sludge."""

You can tell he is not CORGI registered !

Correct. I am not part of a self interest group.

Sponsored Links
Correct. I am not part of a self interest group.

only cos you aint good enough mate :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

btw no i am not but i run an association (with a bit of help) for RGI.s
and don't pee the MOD off he don't take prisoners ;)

kevplumb said:
...and don't pee the MOD off he don't take prisoners ;)
Yeah, "MOD" is a real tiger, but I heard that "MOD 2" is a bit of a p*ssy. :eek:

Water Systems said:
Any dope off the street can have a CORGI bage within months.
I prefer cinnamon to Corgi flavoured.

I would always go for worcester, ask bg for a price on there rd 532, (bg badged cdi) will be a bit more money but worth it if you can afford it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back