plumbing drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The drains from our bathroom sink and shower vent pipe both have and offset made up of two 45 degree street elbows as they go into the slab floor. These protrude into the room by about 1 inch. The sink isn't a problem as the cabinet covers it but the shower vent faces the toilet. Why are these done this way instead of simply going straight down through the floor?

Sponsored Links
I'm having trouble imagining two street elbows protruding by only an inch, but are the two 45° elbows connected to make a 90° turn, or a set without a turn, or something more complex?

If they were used to make a set, then my guess would be that thie was necessary to meet up with a vertical entrypoint under floor level. Setting them into the floor doesn't seem very maintainable though. :confused:

Softus

Do you really think that those NOT familiar with plumbing practice know what a SET is ? A simple term to you maybe but unheard of by Joe Public.

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

Sawdustman said:
The drains from our bathroom sink and shower vent pipe both have and offset made up of two 45 degree street elbows
What`s a street elbow :?:

Sponsored Links
Beans-on-Toast said:
something stupid and provocative, as is commonplace for him
Looking for trouble B-o-T?

The OP can ask and I'll gladly explain. Or you can, or someone else can. It's no big deal to me.

What`s a street elbow :?:

It`s an elbow that slots into another elbow ...thought you were a plumber :confused:

It was an ironic statement in reply to Beanz means ?...caught you aswell ;) Have a nice day ...OK it wasn`t irony it was taking the ****

Just thought that I'd mention it as' jargons' often baffle more than

your average bear.......... ;)

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back