removal of creosote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my neighbour has got creosote all over my garden furniture which is glass and metal also on my patio slabs and umbrella any idea how to remove it please.

Sponsored Links
my neighbour has got creosote all over my garden furniture which is glass and metal also on my patio slabs and umbrella

What on Earth did you do to them to make them do this? :LOL: :D :D

What about Speedy White Multi Use cleaner? Never used it, but you never know, it could just do the trick ;).

White spirit will take it off impermeable surfaces BUT creosote soaks into and stains paint and plastics. I once got some tar-oil wash overspray on a neighbours car and it had to be resprayed as the paint was stained (yes I did offer to pay). and the makers said it could not be removed.

On the slabs you could try an oil-patch remover sold at car accessory shops for taking drips out of concrete on garage floors etc. The quicker you do it the better.

In twenty years time it will fade and be less obtrusive.

p.s. Genuine Creosote has been banned as a toxic substance for some years. Did he have an old can of it hidden in his shed, or is it, in fact, some other kind of wood preservative or fence stain?

Sorry for got to mention:

A shoddy worker we hired years ago got the path swimming in wood stain but, I think after a few years it washed away and faded. It's gone now. Having said that, that was woodstain, not creosote. Don't know what the difference is though :LOL:.

Sponsored Links
tell him to replace it! it should clean off glass& metal but it will take years to fade away from on the wood

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back