Baxi bahama 100 combi boiler not firing up anymore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Sorry to barge into your forum asking a question but I need some help please (I notice you have a computer section so when I have some free time again I'll hang around there to help out - I work in IT and have done for years.)

Anyway to the point.....

1) Boiler make / model (gas or oil)
Baxi bahama 100 combi boiler (gas)

2) What is / is not happening
It won't fire up anymore it's been working fine all day (well since I got back from work) but now when I turn it on I can hear it start up & the flame light comes on full but after a few seconds the sound goes & the flame light goes out. We then only get cold water.

3) Has ANYTHING else been done / changed recently
no - we have lived here for 1 year & nothing has been changed in that time.

4) When did it (problem) start
This only started today although since we have been here it has changed to the flame with the cross through it a few times but when we press reset it comes back OK (not sure if thie is an anyway connected)

I really don't know where to start apart from turnign it off & on again which is what I've tried. Is there anything I can try or do I need to call someone out?

Thanks for any help - I really am pretty bad at this stuff!
Cheers,
Steve.

Sponsored Links
Does it do the same on heating?, has it had a service in a while?. Anyways it will be the primary flow switch....almost certainly.

Does it do the same on heating?, has it had a service in a while?. Anyways it will be the primary flow switch....almost certainly.

Thanks for the quick reply & yes it does the same on heating too. Is the primary flow switch something I can replace or should I call someone out? I'm happy to have a go at replacing a part but obviously have no experiance or qualifications in gas or boiler repairs.

It has not had a service in the year I've been here - not sure about before then, how often should it be serviced?

Cheers,
Steve.

It more sounds to me as if the flame detection is not operating.

Can you try to see if the flame is lighting perhaps by feeling the flue outlet to see if it warms up.

It may be lighting for about five seconds and then cutting off because the flame is not being detected. That could be several things but really needs a CORGI.

I would doubt its the flow switch because it would need to make first to allow the boiler to start up and once made would be unlikely to open. You can unplug it and short it when the pump starts if you feel competent to do this.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Sorry to be a bit basic but does lockout mean the light with the flame on it but a cross through it would light up?

It's starting to sound like I need to get someone out but if I have a pretty good idea of whats wrong it may help me to avoid getting ripped off.

there does seem to be a diference betweek water & heating, I'll have another play when I get back tonight to make sure but on water it does as described at the top of the post but on heating it doesn't seem to fire up at all - not sure if this makes any diference or not.

cheers,
Steve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back