Whirlpool ADP744

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone still got a Whirlpool ADP 744 and know anything about this model???

I've have had it for a few years but only recently plumbed it in and it was all ok till a few days ago when i noticed its not going through all the cycles... it gets stuck on the cold spray part before it heats up and just keeps rinsing. I started to move the control round manually but have noticed that this means its not heating any water and therefor only washing in cold water. Also it stick again later on in the cycle so I have to manually move the nob round twice.

Can anyone help???

I can believe its only been in 2 weeks and has stopped already, but obviously as its a few years old due to constantly having to move house its no longer under garentee.

Im thinking maybe its an electrical fault in the programme wiring, or the element, or both!!!

Does anyone know of a good repair person/ company, I live in ec11 london.

Many thanks

Mr O Frost

Sponsored Links
Is there an element inside the dishwasher?
If there is the safety stat has tripped. Cause can be spray arms not rotating properly or large amount of foam which doesn't cool the element properly.
Safety stat is under the dishwasher, nearby the element connections. Press the red button, if you hear or feel a click, it's fixed

Thank you so much for this advice...

yes there is an element, ill pull the machine out tomorrow as its abit of a drama and involves lift the floor boards in front of it.

and ill see if i can find the button and try it, it may well be that as the rotating arm did get stuck the other day by a knife .

ill post back either way, but thanks for the advice, really its much appriciated.

olly frost

As it's an older model you don't need to dismantle anything, pull it out, tip it back about 45 deg and get a torch. (don't forget to unplug it first though). Front right corner you'll see the element connections, above and to rear of that you'll find the button.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again so much, it took a while to get everything out but eventually i found the button, and its done the trick.

its great to know that thats what i need to do in the future as well should it happen again, we were looking at a new one yesterday at 280 quid so its fantastic that it was such a simple thing... an enginer would of charged a fortune just to press a button.

thanks a milion

all the best

oliver

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back