Dudley Vantage Concealed Cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can anyone help please. Our toilet has just broken!
We have a Dudley Vantage Concealed cistern that has a clear plastic tube one end connects to the push button flush and the other end has come off and we haven't a clue where to fit it back to.
Urgent help needed if possible. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi,

On the panel you've removed to take this photo there should be a connection for the thin push button plastic tube. There should be two, one for full flush and one for small flush, even if you only have a full flush system and one tube. There should be some obscure markings indicating which is which.

On the backside of the panel is a factory fitted tube that connects to the flush mechanism. This should be seen in your photo as it disappears into the cistern. Is this what's been disconnected?

If so there should be a connection pipe a little way down from the top of the flush mechanism, the green bit. It should face the front. It seems as if different designs of flush mechanisms were fitted so you may have to look for the small pipe to connect your tube onto.

Rgds.

PS Yikes! Pic 1 is the back of the flush button, obvious connection. Pic 2 and 3 are not too helpful. The flush connection should be just below the bottom of the access panel.

Thanks for your reply Kes.
I think we're Ok with the flush side of things, its knowing where in the cistern the other end attaches to. Its really not obvious at all. The pictures are all we can see really.
Are you saying that the other end of the little clear plastic pipe should fit somewhere onto the green thing? I have had a feel around and can't feel anything?
Thanks julie

I think I might have found the place to stick the tube? At the right hand side of the green thing just at the water level I found a rubber end and pushed the clear tube onto or into it I'm not sure. I have come to try to flush and now there is no vacuum to the flush when I have connected it back together?
Any clues?

Hi,

Not really. I fitted a Vantage about two years ago, and I'm going from memory and the fitting instructions. Unfortunately I don't feel like uncovering mine to look (I hope you'll appreciate that). In any event I think that the flush mechanism used came from different suppliers or was made to different designs at various times.

The internal pipe on mine was connected, so memory isn't too strong. The diagrams all show a short moulded pipe sticking out of the green tower that takes the plastic tube, about a third of the way down the flush tower (or whatever it's called). Just look for one of those. You could plug your tube into anything and see if it works, it won't do any damage. There can't be too many places it can be connected, can there? I assume all the connections back to the push button are OK?

I hope you're not too desperate - when vacuums fail buckets prevail.

Rgds.

PS Perhaps the rubber tube is the correct connection, and perhaps it now has water in it that kills the vacuum. Can you turn the water supply off by turning the screw next to the flex pipe 90 deg, flush the loo (how? dunno, maybe scoop out some of the water to lower the level), then try to get the water out of the rubber tube. I'm really guessing here.

Thanks Kes
I'll have a bash when I get home from work tonight. Mine isn't like the pictures on the Dudley website, it isn't a rigid platic tube like on the the website picture, its a clear one about half a cm.

The place i connected it to last night is possibly the right place (based only on the fact it fit!) but i can't seem to get the vacuum working on the flush.

I'll contact dudley today to see if they can help

Cheers for reponses so far
julie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back