Boiler placement - near fuse box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Im planning my extension and was wondering whether there is any regs regarding placing a fuse box in the same cupboard as a combi boiler? Any info would be greatly received.

Thanks

Ian

Sponsored Links
hi,
you should really consult your gas installer as it's he who will have to be happy with it to be there, but as far as i know, the fusebox just needs to be more than 150mm from the boiler; better if even further away of course. you could always put a non-flammable partition between boiler and fusebox to be sure.
and don't put the fusebox below any part of the boiler or pipework which could drip water in years to come; must be beside it instead.

in any case there needs to be plenty of ventilation for cooling in the enclosure even if the boiler instructions say it is not needed, because you mustnt heat the fusebox/cables/breakers up as it will reduce the power they can handle since these things are always designed for a rated temperature
graham

You'd be VERY well advised NOT to put ANY electrical stuff immediately below the boiler - they do leak a bit sometimes! :confused:

Apart from that, and given the fact that most condensing boilers with coaxial flues don't have hot casings or require compartment ventilation, I can't see why heat should be an issue. Just obey the minimum distances between electric cables, etc. and gas pipes.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies,

There to go in an old coat cuboard so its not that small, and yes the fuse box would be above the boiler, Thanks again for the advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back