ikea waste\trap connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen this question before on a forum, I've done a search but cant find it.

Ikea waste will not fit into a 40mm compression, so what do i use to connect bto standard 40mm ABS pipe?

will a 50mm comp fitting work?

cheers

Sponsored Links
I assume you have the large bore flexible waste pipe from Ikea.

Therefore chuck most of the waste kit in the skip and buy a proper sink strainer and convention P trap. You may have to use the Ikea overflow parts but they normally connect onto standard basket strainers.

I spent 5 hours last Saturday night re-doing a botched Ikea kitchen waste. The weight of the Ikea waste assembly had caused the waste pipework under the floor boards to sag.

Over the course of the year it had blocked the contents backed up and overflowed through the ceiling of the flat below. Blu-tac had been used to seal the hose connection.

Worst of all the customer only told me about the wasps nest outside the kitchen window after I had been stung twice. :( The floodlamp does tend to attract them at 11pm! :LOL:

I'm not actually doin the job, its my mates second house that he is selling and he will want to incorparate the fitting\trap etc that has already bought, so a short term fix (as long as it looks and is properly done) will suffice. It's rigid 45mm odd pipe - any suggestions?

cheers for the reply.

You can't do a decent job with the Ikea waste kit.

If he has any kind of conscience then tell him to do it properly.

Always amazes me when the public sell houses or cars they are willing to bodge and don't give a toss about the new owner but are only to quick to complain when it happens to them.

Sponsored Links
Very true, i own a second home that i rent out and am doin my house up to sell - i have to do everything 'proper' i've probably gone over the top in some instances but my conscience is clear.

I'll give him your advice and leave it up to him to do what he wants.

cheers Gasguru

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back