CORGI INFORMING APPLIANCE MANUFACTURERS OF INSTALLATIONS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ARE CORGI ENGINEERS AWARE THAT WHEN YOU REGISTER AN APPLIANCE THROUGH GAS WORK NOTIFICATION, THE MANUFACTURER GETS TO KNOW THE DETAILS AND PAYS CORGI A FEE FOR THIS.
THIS MAY RESULT IN YOUR CUSTOMERS BEING POACHED BY THE MANUFACTURER WITH THEIR OWN INSURANCE RELATED PRODUCT.

IN CORGIS RULES FOR REGISTRATION YOU AGREE TO THIS HAPPENING WHEN YOU NOTIFY.ALTHOUGH YOU DONT HAVE ANY OTHER OPTION.

AND I THOUGHT GAS WORK NOTIFICATION WASNT SUPPOSED TO BE
FOR COMMERCIAL GAIN. WHAT MUGS WE ARE !

please note forum rule 6

Sponsored Links
Do you have any evidence of this happening? Can you quote a source for this info?

It sounds like a serious matter to me, one that should be brought to the attention of ARGI.

What an interesting post, would be a lot easier on the eye if you took the caps lock off.

Anyway you are perfectly at liberty to notify your BO at no cost.

Paul Balmer (Gastec) issued the following statement.

Corgy introduced GWN as a requirement of all registered installers across the UK as an initiative to further improve gas safety- nothing to do with Building regulations south or north of the border. Gas work notification is enabling Corgy to make the inspection process more robust, raise the the credibility of registered gas installers, assist in product safety recalls and, hopefully work towards a time when we canlink up the sale of gas appliances with installations.

See not a single mention of cash cows and a change of tune because they was left with egg on their faces after the collapse of the HIP.

www. argi . org. uk without the spaces :LOL:

as far as i am aware only a couple of manufacturers are included but it is unfounded rumours at the moment,hopefully ARGI will be able to clarify the situation soon.

Sponsored Links
bripl said:
as far as i am aware only a couple of manufacturers are included but it is unfounded rumours at the moment,hopefully ARGI will be able to clarify the situation soon.

There are no such payments in the Corgy accounts bripl.

perhaps Corgy marketing have something, I will have a look see.

how recent are the accounts dia 05 i believe, story i heard was only a few days ago so will not show up until next year :(

bripl said:
how recent are the accounts dia 05 i believe, story i heard was only a few days ago so will not show up until next year :(

That is true bripl :LOL:

On a similar note, I wonder where Alpha boilers are involved in all this.

You can bet they have a marketing strategy offering free GWN to installers, or an ulterior motive :rolleyes:

corgi gas man said:
ARE CORGI ENGINEERS AWARE THAT WHEN YOU REGISTER AN APPLIANCE THROUGH GAS WORK NOTIFICATION, THE MANUFACTURER GETS TO KNOW THE DETAILS AND PAYS CORGI A FEE FOR THIS.
THIS MAY RESULT IN YOUR CUSTOMERS BEING POACHED BY THE MANUFACTURER WITH THEIR OWN INSURANCE RELATED PRODUCT.

IN CORGIS RULES FOR REGISTRATION YOU AGREE TO THIS HAPPENING WHEN YOU NOTIFY.ALTHOUGH YOU DONT HAVE ANY OTHER OPTION.

LIKE I SAID ITS FULL OF CORUPTION

If Corgy is charging its registrants for notifications then taking backhanders from manufacturers for installation site information, then there are several issues:
- fraud
- data protection, because customer's personal information is presumably being passed on,
- Corgy going outside HSE remit.

If this is even slightly true, I shall personally be banging on NAPIT's door the first day it's open for gas business! AND I shall tell them why I've come and make dam' sure NAPIT undertakes never to play the same game.

BOB.DOLE said:
corgi gas man said:

LIKE I SAID ITS FULL OF CORRUPTION

What are you suggesting BOB :eek: Mr Thompson has to think of his pension plans, fleecing (ripping-off) the RGI is the only way he can do build up his nest egg :LOL:

croydoncorgi said:
If Corgy is charging its registrants for notifications then taking backhanders from manufacturers for instllation site information, then there are several issues:
- fraud
- data protection, because customer's personal informationispresumably being passed on,
- Corgy going outside HSE remit.

If this is even slightly true, I shall personally be banging on NAPIT's door the first day it's open for gas business! AND I shall tell them why I've come and make dam' sure NAPIT undertakes never to play the same game.

HA HA HA your light years behind the lot of you, you lot are only sheep so stop complaining and eat the grass, if only you knew what is realy going on ahhhhh well what a shame.

BUT JUST REMEMBER SLAVES YOUR TIME IS TICKING AWAY AND YOU WILL SOON BE ON THE MIN WAGE. haa haa haaa

corgi gas man said:

please note forum rule 6

I have enjoyed reading this thread and I like the rest likes a bit of CORGI bashing but in this case I just cant see the money????

You say that CORGI are passing on details of where a manufacturers boiler is fitted, but would not the manufacturer already know this as the customer, if they want the warrantee,would be informing them of their name and address when they send theor registration form to them??

Yes...warranty registration does seem to knock a rather large hole in this particular conspiracy theory. Boiler manufacturers have always offered extended warranties to end users on the back of that..so nothing new there either.

Alfredo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back