Candy dishwasher, detergent door not opening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old candy dishwasher has recently developed a fault where the detergent door doesn\\\'t open at all during a cycle, it\\\'s also still firmly closed when the main door is opened and still won\\\'t open if you turn the wash cycle selector knob by hand with the dorr open.

Is there a simple soloution to this or am i going to have to get my screwdriver out.

I\\\'ts not been cleaning dishes properly for a while but after reading on here i\\\'ve just noticed there are bits of sweetcorn blocking some of the holes in the arms, can\\\'t find anything about the soap door though.

Sponsored Links
It won't open when you rotate the knob by hand with the door open as it's controlled electrically. Possibilities are, faulty dispenser solenoid, broken wiring, faulty programmer.

Will it make any difference if i just chuck the tablet in the dishwasher instead of putting it in the drawer?

The thing is 8 years old at least now so unless it's a simple cheap reapir i don't want to spend any money on it.

Won't make much of a difference as the different parts of the tablet disolve at different temperatures and times. (Bit more scientific than that).

Sponsored Links
I also have this problem with our Dishwasher. We have been putting the wash tabs in the cutlery tray for over a year now with no adverse affects.

Candy quoted £70 to repair, they sounded like they have fixed this fault many, many times before.

Salem.

I have the same problem with my CD242. The detergent door is opened by a solenoid. I measured the solenoid resistance - open-circuit. Removed it from the machine and tried it on the bench - nothing. Sadly it doesn't seem possible to buy this solenoid as a spare part. The complete detergent dispenser costs around £80!

Try your local appliance repair/spares shop (or scrap metal merchant)

we tend to keep parts from scrap machines and the solenoid coils on alot of these machines are the same (have changed some coils for ones off washing machine fill valves).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back