Separate Cooker/Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a new kictchen to fit with a separate oven and hob. There is a d/p switch located above where it will be situated with it`s own radial circuit (45A) however, cables coming out of the rear of both units are not long enough to reach! I need to obviously extend both somehow, what is the best and safest (and lawful) way?

Thanks,

Jeff.

Sponsored Links
The most lawful way is to make sure the installation complies with Part P.

Part P eh? Mmm, as this is diy.com, I would guess that most of the users arent au fair with Part P. ;)

If you could have even posted a link or anything related to Part P then it may have helped, other than that your answer gave me nothing, but thanks anyway :)

I got my answer from another forum ... so simple really:

"There may be a user accessible panel to the rear of the appliance where the cable comes out. Just disconnect the existing cable and take it to your local DIY outlet and ask for an identical cable but longer".

Sponsored Links
AuraIndigo said:
Part P eh? Mmm, as this is diy.com

nope, we have no affiliation with www.diy.com <click it, see where you com out ;) :LOL: (out of interest, that is the worst website ever, it doesn't have half of their product range on it.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back