Philco wm1000se drum dosent spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a Philco wm1000se it goes through all the motions fills drains and goes through the various programs but wont spin
the belt is fine
i am unsure as to if the problem is with the motor or the controller.
with a volt meter if i spin the motor it does show a small voltage (500ma with no voltage to the stator or rotor) indicating that there is a circuit on both the rotor and the stator the controller outputs 20v to the stator but nothing to the rotor i am fairly sure that the problem is the controller but other than it not spinning seams to run everything else fine
also have bean unable to find anywhere that can supply a controller for a reasonable price and didn't want get one to find out it was the brushes any help would be greatly apresheated

Sponsored Links
now Fixed turned out it was the brush on the motor got some brushes off a whirlpool that where the same model no but the brushes are a slighlty difrent size and had to be filed down to fit the cartridge for the philco as the monting angle was oposite way round to mine but now all working

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back