Pressure rating on taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Excuse this probably stupid question on tap pressures - yes another. I have about .3 bar of pressure from our cold water supply tank and a combi boiler that i assume has a higher supply pressure. I was going to fit a new thermostatic shower and a centrafill or exafill (water comes from what was the overflow) for filing the bath. The Shower mixer is rated at minimum 0.2 bar so is fine. i assume it can handle a pressure differential between hot and cold flows?

Problem is the bath filler requires a 0.5 bar minimum. And this is the stupid question, what if it is run with a 0,3 cold pressure? will it just flow really slowly or does the rating mean that the valve neeeds a pressure of 0.5 before it will open at all? I was actually looking at the centrafill in the screwfix catalogue as its 100 quid with valves and i can have it next day. I also assume the pressure is related to the valves so does anyone know of another supplier who does a similar system with a lower pressure rating?

Sorry, that ended up at about 5 questions and a lot of rambling.

many thanks in advance,
B.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back