Nonslip basement stair covering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have softwood stairs down to my new basement and have hardwood sanded floors on the ground floor and ceramic tiles in the basement. Can anyone suggest a stair covering and manufacturer that is non-slip for safety with kids and looks ok, but that is also easy to clean as carpet just doesn\\\'t seem the right option and I can\\\'t find anything suitable. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
I am looking for the same answers....We have a pool, so there is wet feet on the stairs quite a bit in the summer. I'm looking for alternatives to carpet.
Hopefully we can get some advise!

This is the kind of thing I'm after, but don't know where to get it and don't know how to fix it down - any advice would be gratefully received. Also - do you have to use 'nosing' on that type of surface or does it not need it because it is non-slip by nature anyway?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Welpton said:
This is the kind of thing I'm after, but don't know where to get it ...

This is a UK website, so I think all our local suppliers will be too far from you.

Some kind of Web Search engine, perhaps?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back