pressure problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The water pressure in my flat is really low because i have only slightly opened the stop cock. The reason for this is if i open it any more the combi boiler will not ignite when turning on a hot water tap. Is there a simple solution to my problem?

Sponsored Links
Try a pressure reducing valve just after main stop cock set at around 2-3 bar & turn stop cock on full

Sounds like there's something wrong with your combi. What is the static water pressure?

the water pressure is on 0.4 which is below the minumim isnt it? how do i increase it? could that be my problem?

Sponsored Links
The pressure in your boiler is totally independent of the mains water pressure.

You need to top up the pressure in the boiler to 1.5 Bar with the filling loop. Look in the FAQ for instructions.

Tony

The main stop cock affects the flow, not the pressure.

Some combi flow sensors sometimes only notice low flows, when they're faulty. (Glow Worm, Ideal, Worcs...)

what model of boiler is it and has this allways been the case or has it just started. might be a perferated diaphram.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back