hi there
can a combi boiler be fitted to a one pipe system
(back boiler removed combi in place)

Sponsored Links
taffe said:
hi there

forget the pinch (all due respect to chrisr of course the following is my opinion only and does not represent the opinions of DIYNOT or chrisr ;) )

the poor old thing would fart and die why too much restriction for the modern large powerful combi

other than that a one pipe system should have been ripped out and updated years ago

corgiman said:
taffe said:
hi there

forget the pinch (all due respect to chrisr of course the following is my opinion only and does not represent the opinions of DIYNOT or chrisr ;) )

the poor old thing would fart and die why too much restriction for the modern large powerful combi

other than that a one pipe system should have been ripped out and updated years ago

I still install one pipe systems, in certain circumstances. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Personally I would be more reluctant to fit a Combi can than alter the pipework.

Also it depends on the size of the system.

Sponsored Links
Most boilers modulate down to next to nothing anyway, so why wouldn't they.

Controls can be the only real issue. Especially the thermostatic valves at 40+ quid a pop. :eek:

how has the combi been fitted in the first place without spotting it and how was the system flushed!!

There is no way you could get the temperature differential across the boiler with a one pipe.

pannierstan said:
how has the combi been fitted in the first place without spotting it and how was the system flushed!!

It hasn't been fitted yet :LOL:

Well, I suppose you'll only need one TRV to comply with energy efficiency! Great sales gimmick. Less pipe, great profit. :)

I am perfectly happy fitting a condensing boiler on a one pipe. The lower return temperature actually aids efficiency!

You cannot use TRVs normally though some people will use special ones!

Whilst DIA may fit one pipe systems dont be confused as they are commercial style with 2" flow pipes.

Subject to careful consideration of the system then its possible!

Tony

Agile said:
I am perfectly happy fitting a condensing boiler on a one pipe. The lower return temperature actually aids efficiency!

You cannot use TRVs normally though some people will use special ones!

Whilst DIA may fit one pipe systems dont be confused as they are commercial style with 2" flow pipes.

Subject to careful consideration of the system then its possible!

Tony

Where in any MI's does it state that this type of pipework configuration is acceptable Agile

Not in any that I have have read, they all clearly state a two pipe system.

Where does it state that their boiler may be fitted in a brothel?

Agile said:
Where does it state that their boiler may be fitted in a brothel?

a brothel would mean a domestic property with comeercial intent so it does doesnt it

dont be obtuse tony you know what I mean

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back