Combi boiler and 9mm pipes??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if a combi boiler (condensing) can be fitted on an existing heating system with 9/10mm copper pipes??
We currently have a system boiler and backboiler, is it posible to replace the boiler and remove the tank etc but leave the heating pipework in place??
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The pipes will most likely be 10mm microbore. Yes, a combi will be fine on your existing system.

What do you mean you have a system boiler and a back boiler.? two boilers in same house?

We have a system boiler with a back boiler attached to the open fire, if we turn the system boiler off we can heat the tank with the back boiler when we have the fire on, the system boiler runs the central heating aswell the back boiler doesn't. the system boiler is older than me so needs replacing, our gas bills are huge!

i'd guess the back boiler circulator is a hell of a lot older than both you and the boiler

Sponsored Links
Oh i'd say so, we took one of the radiators off and the sticker said 1979!!!! that 3 years before i was born! As long as we don't have to take the radiator pipes up swapping the boiler is viable, we have tiled floors and fully tiled bathroom so don't want to take any pipes out.

The back boiler circulator will have been put in a long time before your boiler and radiators, them thing were put in years and years and years before central heating, usually just a metal box behind your fire that heated you hot warter, alot of the old terrace houses in manchester/ salford had them in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back