intermediate switch??!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting to control the lighting my kitchen from 3 seperate points I understand I should use an intermediate switch. but how do you wire the dam thing. Please help :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
i take it you have one?
it depends on where it is to as to how easy it is to do.

it is easiest if you are adding it as a switch in a further position.

tell me what you are doing and i will tell you how its done

Hi
I also want to install intermediate switch, where do you get one from, or is there anyway of wiring a normal 2 way switch to function as intermediate? :rolleyes:

azizzarazel said:
Hi
I also want to install intermediate switch, where do you get one from,
From an electrical supplier. Possibly even a shed, although I've never looked. TLC sell them, although of course their prices are not the keenest.

or is there anyway of wiring a normal 2 way switch to function as intermediate? :rolleyes:
No.

Sponsored Links
simess said:
I am wanting to control the lighting my kitchen from 3 seperate points I understand I should use an intermediate switch. but how do you wire the dam thing. Please help :rolleyes:
Full help is available in the "For Reference" topic at the top of the list.

Hi simess
Don't think you will be any further forward with the answers given. The intermediate fits in between the 2-way switches. Take a 3-core and earth from your original switch to the first new position. Then take another 3-core and earth from the first new to the second new position. Connect up original and second new position as descibed in the reference section at top of page. The intermediate (first new position) should be connected = earths (put on earth sleeving) and connect to box (if metal), if plastic,put into 5a connector strip. The reds go into 5a connector and are tucked away into back of box. The blue and yellow from one of the cables should be connected into the two terminals at the top of the switch (doesn't matter which cable). The other blue and yellow goes into the bottom terminals ;)

raittser said:
Hi simess
Don't think you will be any further forward with the answers given.

raittser, i beg to differ, there are several drawings in the "sticky" thread on the electrics forum that are very helpful, how ever, i should also point out that simess, asked in February, which was 3 months ago, and they have never been back, since their total of postings is 1

breezer said:
.. i should also point out that simess, asked in February, which was 3 months ago, and they have never been back, since their total of postings is 1
:oops: sorry chaps - I didn't even notice... :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back