Cold at main pressure and immersion heater at ground level!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a ground-floor flat with probably the most pathetic shower ever...

from what i can tell the cold water is at mains pressure all throughout the house and the hot water is coming from a hot water tank who's output is about 5' off the ground floor.

(hot and cold being mixed in one of those shower in bath / mixer tap type things where you pull the lever up and the water goes up to the shower head rather than out the tap)

So what (i assume) i need to do is to boost up that hot water supply so that the hot water can actually get to 7'! (preferably a bit more) and also the mixer will have (closer) to equal pressures (rather than filling up my hot water tank in reverse!)

All of this is in a rented flat so major system modifications are a no-go.

Can i just install a single pump underneath my hot water tank to boost my entire hot water pressure?
if so; what's the cheapest?, can i fit it? - or does it require a seperate electrical circuit?

Any advice/recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Chris

Sponsored Links
you could just stick a pump on the output from the tank. could always wire it thru a switch in cupboard. but be aware that water and leccy dont mix! dont put it where you can reach etc. where it gets its leccy from will depend on where it is etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back