Apollo 50si boiler - pump runs when boler switch is set 2off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Apollo 50si boiler which runs CH and HW. Programmer is a Potterton EP3002. All was working fine but for some reason one days the heating came on even when the programmer was off (no lights on it etc). There was also burning smell from it. I installed a new EP3002 and still same problem. One thing to note is that once the programmer is installed the pump starts even when the boiler is switch off (boiler is cold but tank full of hot water though). The mains is on but the boiler has 3 settings (high off and low) and this is set to off. So far I have changed the 3 way valve, V4073A, and programmer. Is it anything to do with the pump overrun switch? Maybe it is relevant to also let you know that I recently changed the pressure switch and all was working fine for a week (changed it as I melted it as I fired up boiler with system dry!!!). The boiler will fire up but the burning smell returns from the programmer. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back