GE portable filling but not washing/draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a GE portable about 5 years old, has been in storage for 8 months. It fills fine but doesn't do anything from there. The unit hums and even "clunks' between cycles if I manually turn the knob slowly. It will not drain either. A couple of years ago I had the same problem and a GE person told me to pour vinegar in the bottom to hopefully free it up of any deposits. It worked that time, but not this time. I tried to check the line for clogs to no avail. I'm not sure where the motor is at to see if it needs freed. Thanks for any response!!!

Sponsored Links
HEY!! I fixed my own problem and thought I would share what I found.

This site was very helpful in learning a little more about my problem and learning how to take the access panels off to inspect further:

http://www.applianceaid.com/drain_wash.html

Due to the D/W being in storage the motor blade had rusted and it needed freed. Once the access panel was off the problem was obvious when turning the controls. After making sure the electric was unplugged, I reached in and gave the blade a good turn and that was all it needed!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back