newbuild 25mm blue plastic to copper fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
which would you recommend for the coupling for the main 25mm blue plastic feed for plastic to copper, the new pushfit one or the brass compression fitting. thanks

Sponsored Links
Paul Barker said:
25mm X 22mm stop tap.
Don't forget the 25mm insert.

I have had a bit of bother with some of the inserts on these lately so put the nut and ring over the blue pipe first, then put the insert in and then fit the stoptap to it.

Problem was down to cheap imported Italian insert

These are handy:

Stop Cock Adaptors (MDPE)
http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/graphics/11328.gif
Adaptors to enable 15 mm and 22 mm compression stop cocks to be fitted to 20 mm or 25 mm Blue MDPE pipe. Converts from MDPE pipe to copper pipe on entering the house. The adaptors have 15 mm or 22 mm outside diameter plain tails and can therefore also be used with End Feed or Solder Ring fittings.

25 mm poly x 22 mm outside dia. tail £2.94 +vat

Sponsored Links
Slugbabydotcom said:
Don't forget the 25mm insert.

I have had a bit of bother with some of the inserts on these lately so put the nut and ring over the blue pipe first, then put the insert in and then fit the stoptap to it.

Problem was down to cheap imported Italian insert

Yes funnily enough I have had trouble. However I did find by chance that something else fits, I think it was 15mm copper pipe, can't remember if it fits the 2 or the 25.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back