stuck drain rods

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: I have blocked drain when i was using my rods 2day they came apart i now have four rods left in the drain and i cant get them out

Deano

Sponsored Links
lasso them out.

i am being serious.

you will need a pipe, shove a loop of wire up it, so that you have a loop sticking out and 2 ends where you are.

shove it up the pipe to where the rods are, pull the wire at your end taught, it will grab the end of the rods, walk backwards, keeping the wire taught.

no gtee it will work first time though.

breezer. im only on 7.5% tonight. ..merrydown.

but i cant picture the scenario you have just prescribed.
i was thinking along the lines of

He means cut a length of 15mm plastic pipe that reaches the lost rods. Pass a loop of roap through it so there is a large loop one end, two ends of roap your end. Push the looped end down the drain hoping the loop goes over a rod. Pull the loop tight by the two ends whilst pushing against the plastic pipe so that you are tightening the noose around the drain rod, then holding it tight pull the whole assembly out.

If at first you don't succeed try and try and try again.

Sponsored Links
wilhelm said:
gotcha. bit like fishing then. :LOL:

...practice catching fish first with the rope trick, when you are catching them regularly you're ready to try catching the drain rods :rolleyes:

...or maybe you could train a ferret to do rope tricks?
...or just get it to eat the 4 rods & the plunger.

Seriously though, I sympathise with you, especially if it was last job on a Friday and you had a hot date.
Can you push the rods through to the next inspection pit? Don't tell me they built over it :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back